Thank you for choosing ANB Bank.
We are dedicated to ensuring that your transition is a smooth and easy one.
We’ve prepared everything you need to switch your existing accounts to ANB Bank.
Step 1 Preparation
- Open an ANB Bank account online, or if you prefer you can print down this New Account Application and bring it to any ANB Bank Banking Center.
- Review your last few statements and identify all automatic payments and automatic deposits. Our Automatic Transaction Inventory Checklist may be helpful.
Note: Keep in mind that not all automatic payments that you have previously established occur on a monthly basis. For example, insurance payments, some utilities and federal and state tax returns/ payments can occur on irregular intervals such as bi-monthly, quarterly or even an annual basis.
Step 2 Move Your Direct Deposit & Automatic Payments
- Prepare to move your direct deposit by completing the Automatic Deposit Authorization Agreement.
Note: You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the direct deposit.
- To transfer your Social Security Payment, Veteran's Benefits, Military Pay, Railroad Retirement Benefits, visit https://www.fms.treas.gov/eft/gettingstarted.html
- Set up new automatic payments. You can use the Automatic Debit Authorization Agreement, or consider ANB Bank Online Banking with free Bill Pay as an alternative that gives you more control over your money, 24/7. If you are setting up more than one automatic payment, print or make additional copies of the Automatic Debit Authorization Agreement for each automatic payment.
Note: You may be asked to fill out an additional form by the company making the automatic payment.
Step 3 Close Your Old Account
- Confirm all checks have cleared and all automatic payments have been transferred to your new account. Leave sufficient funds in your former account to cover any outstanding checks or pending automatic payments.
- Complete the Transfer of Funds Request and send it to your former financial institution. Some financial institutions may require you to fill out additional forms. If your account is an interest-bearing account, request to have your accrued interest paid prior to closing.
- Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit and credit cards, and deposit slips associated with your former accounts.
- Start using your new ANB Bank account exclusively.
Step 4 Keep Copies For Your Records
- Remember to keep a copy of all documents, letters and forms for your personal records.
Step 5 Transfer Other Accounts
- Consider making your financial life less complicated by transferring other accounts to ANB Bank. We offer a complete line of banking products including investment management and trust services. With all of your funds in one place, your banking will be easier. Our banking team will be better able to help you manage your finances and find ways to make your money work harder for you.
- Call us at 1-866-433-0282, or visit one of our branches and we will be happy to assist you.
We’re here to help make the switch easy! Thanks again for choosing ANB Bank!